Additional finished designs by Kittrell & Associates can be viewed at www.houzz.com.
Chris Kittrell, Interior Designer
Chris Kittrell, CID
Chris Kittrell earned an MBA from Loyola Marymount, a BA in Art Education, and an AA in Interior Design from Interior Designers Institute in Newport Beach. Early in her career, Chris was a middle manager for a large utility, supervising districts of 1,000 employees. With her business and leadership experience, Chris brings a professional approach to the business of design.
Chris started her residential design firm in 1998 while completing her design degree at IDI. In 2005 she earned her Certified Interior Designer (CID) status by passing the CQRID and California State Building Codes Test. She regularly attends continuing education classes, and teaches Certificate and Masters in Interior Architecture classes at Interior Designers Institute.
Awards and Recognition
In 2006 Kittrell designed the Master Bath in the Philharmonic House of Design custom home in Covenant Hills, built by Mulvaney & Company and also participated in 2005 designing the Home Office of the featured home.
In 2008 Chris Kittrell was chosen as the ASID Design Chair for the Philharmonic House of Design overseeing 27 volunteer ASID designers, as they created the interior for an 8,500 SF home built in Crystal Cove by Stonefield Development. Under her leadership this custom home was taken from the framing stages in October, 2007 to showcase-ready in April, 2008, six months later.
Chris has been called upon extensively for remodeling since early in her career. She is dedicated to working as a team with her Clients, Architects, Builders and General Contractors. “Some contractors have had difficult experiences with interior designers. We win them over one at a time. Once they see how easily we guide our Clients through the process of remodeling, and help them meet their construction deadlines, they refer us time and time again to their next project”.
As a result of winning five Awards for Excellence in Interior Design between 2005 and 2009, many of Kittrell's residential designs have been published in Orange Coast Magazine and in the OC Register's Home and Garden section.
Chris Kittrell, Certified Interior Designer
- Allied Member ASID
- NKBA Member (5-Year Member)
- MBA, Loyola Marymount University
- BA, Art Education
- AA, Interior Design
- Professor, Interior Designers Institute
- Published work in OC Home Magazine & Orange Coast Magazine
Kittrell & Associates has extensive experience with kitchen and bath remodeling, which have become a favorite area of focus. Designs include complete cabinetry layouts and elevations, recommendations on appliances and plumbing, and specify all interior finishing touches and materials such as cabinetry, countertops, flooring and tile designs. Chris Kittrell has strong relationships with builders and contractors who continue to refer Clients because of her ability to work as part of a team, to keep projects running smoothly and meet construction deadlines.
Kittrell & Associates creates new interior designs to fit every lifestyle and every budget. We pride ourselves in creating interior designs that express our Clients' individual and unique styles and preferences, be they Contemporary, Transitional, Traditional, Mid-Century Modern or something in between. Chris Kittrell is a professor of design and as such, teaches "style development" which makes it easy to interpret every Client's preferences.
Chris Kittrell, CID and Allied Member ASID, is the President and Principal Designer. She is a Certified Interior Designer( CID)and has won five awards as recognized by ASID, OC Home Magazine and Orange Coast Magazine. Please visit our Awards Gallery. As a professor at Interior Designers Institute, Newport Beach, Chris teaches classes in both the Certificate Program and the Masters in Interior Architecture Degree Program.
Our Clients understand the value of interior design services. They value their own time and appreciate our recommendations.
- Clients building new custom homes or remodeling come to us early in the blue print stages when we can fully assess how the floor plan will work with interior home furnishings. This is when we can have the greatest impact in interpreting the blue prints and space planning to be sure the home is going fit lifestyle. We work with Clients, Architects and General Contractors in collaboration for the best possible result.
- Busy professionals and business owners know the value of their time and rely on us to for a wide variety of services.
- Young and growing families understand that our services can help them avoid costly mistakes when investing in their first homes and furniture.
- Empty nesters turn to our design expertise for re-purposing spaces into media rooms, home offices, or game rooms where they can entertain family and friends once the children are grown.
- Investors with rental properties turn to us to quickly and effectively furnish their properties so that they can be rented out seasonally or annually.
- Realtors and Clients turn to us for staging homes for greater prospective buyer appeal. Several of our staged homes have sold quickly to the delight of our Clients.
Chris Kittrell achieved CID (Certified Interior Designer) status in 2005. She is an Allied Member of ASID (American Society of Interior Designers), and in 2006 was the Program Chair for ASID.
Chris was Design Director for Furnishing Hope from 2004-2006, and provided interior design for Habitat for Humanity Homes. She was a designer for the Philharmonic House of Design 2005 and 2006. Chris served as the Co-chair for the Philharmonic House of Design 2007 and Design Chair for Philharmonic House of Design 2008, Crystal Cove, California. Chris also participated in the "Entertaining by Design" event at the Laguna Design Center. Proceeds from the event helped to fund the Philharmonic Society.
In 2007 Chris joined the faculty of Interior Designers Institute, and is currently teaching classes in the Certificate Program. She also teaches classes in Arts and Business Practices for the Masters of Interior Architecture Degree program at IDI.
Chris has been a member of the NKBA (National Kitchen and Bath Association) since 2010. She has extensive experience in remodeling kitchens and baths.
Several photographers were chosen to create photos for our website: